Hydrogen Reservoir Engineering – we’re ready, are you?
HRE has been established through a partnership with Oilgen, reservoir engineering and gas storage experts with 18 years’ experience in compositional simulation, and Hydrenor, a clean energy project company active in the hydrogen economy.
Through Hydrenor, HRE is a Board Advisor on Edinburgh University’s HyStorPor project, created to study the feasibility of storing hydrogen in porous formations, and is financing and co-authoring a study on hydrogen underground storage simulation.
Our experts also tailor and deliver courses for reservoir engineers to give a better understanding of the new technical discipline.
HRE and its partners have worked on various projects for more than a year
gaining invaluable experience in simulating underground hydrogen flow.
Our specialities include:
- Reservoir engineering numerical simulation of hydrogen in porous media
- Compositional, diffusion, and chemical reactions modelling
- Geoscience research project management
Example studies include:
- Feasibility of injecting hydrogen in depleted gas fields
- Research project on specific physical aspects
- Hydrogen EOR
- Interaction of hydrogen with other molecules
- Project economic evaluation, feasibility, and screening studies